The challenge this week is to create something based on the board below. Click on the image to learn more about Lawnscaping Challenges.
My first thought when I approached this card was to incorporate the colours from the inspiration image and make it the focal point. That is why I used distress inks on the background and kept the images very light so the background can stand out.
I blended the background on watercolour paper which I then cut it using the stitched rectangle die. I used the same die on black cardstock and trimmed it keeping only the top and bottom. Then I used a border die to create the line of holes and attached it the background with foam tape.
I glued a piece of string behind the banner so it looks like the elephant and rabbit is holding it. Lastly, I adhered all the coloured images on to the card.
- Lawn Fawn - Party Animals stamp for the sentiment
- Lawn Fawn - Blue Skies stamp for the banner
- Mama Elephant - Fine Trimmings
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackable dies
- Distress Inks in Weathered Wood, Peacock Feathers, Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade
- Memento Luxe Teal Zeal
- Memento Tuxedo Black
- Zing! Clear embossing powder
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Copic Markers
- Spectrum Noir Markers
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Recollections Black Card Stock Paper
- Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper 90lb
- Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
Thanks for dropping by!