Sunday, February 26, 2017

Have a Dino-Mite Birthday - MFT Sketch Challenge 321

Hey everyone. I am back with another card. It's a birthday card for my cousin and it is inspired by the latest MFT sketch challenge. 
Here is this week's sketch for the challenge.
I started with an A2 size panel and die cut the 3 stitched circles in the background and then taped it in the back to secure it back to its original A2 size. Next, I used distress inks to blend the colours together then flicked water to distress the ink and also speckled some white paint to give it some contrast. 
Next, I stamped out the images and coloured them in with copic markers. As well as, die cut the skyline and water. The water was blended with distress inks in Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon then speckled with water. The sentiment was stamped with versamark ink and heat embossed in white embossing powder on a black rectangle cardstock. 
To put the card together, I glued the bottom half of the T-Rex and the bottom of the cake to the card. Then I used double sided foam tape on the top half as to give it some dimension. Next, I adhered the skyline with double sided foam tape to make it pop. The water was done the same. As a final touch, I used wink of stella and glossy accents on the birthday cake frosting.
That completes the card. I hope you participate in the challenge too. 

Below are the materials used:
- My Favorite Things - You're Rawr-Some
- My Favorite Things - Beary Special Birthday for the cake and party hat
- My Favorite Things - Skyline Border
- My Favorite Things - Stitched Circle STAX
- Mama Elephant - Ocean Waves Trio
- Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackable dies
- Distress Inks in Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copic Markers
- Copic Opaque White
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock paper
- Recollections Cardstock paper in Black
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- Recollections embossing powder in White
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Wink of Stella in Clear
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in White
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape
- Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue


Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot


No comments:

Post a Comment