Friday, February 24, 2017

Vroom, Vroom... You Make My Heart Race!

I like to share with you a special card I made for Valentine's day for a someone who loves the Formula 1 sport. Isn't it just the cutest...
This is my first slider card and it is a collaboration of so many different stamp sets to create the scene. Look at car goooooo...
I first started off with finding a race car as that would be my focal point. I didn't own a stamp of a race car so I turned to google clipart images to look for one. I was going to put my own character, the fox from the Mama Elephant Up and Away stamp set in the driver seat, so I sized the car big enough for it to fit, then printed it out on white cardstock. I coloured the images with copic markers and attached them together with glue. Lastly, I added glossy accents to the tires and set it aside to let dry. 
Next, I worked on the panel. This card panel is bigger than the A2 size I usually work with. It is 5" x 6.5" so I had a lot of room to work with to build the scene. I used a hill die from SimonSaysStamp Stitched Slopes and Hills and used it like a ruler to sketch out the race track. This way the curves would all be the same size. After, I used the distress inks to blend the sky and the grass and then coloured in the rack track with copic markers and wink of stella. I just love how the wink of stella made the rack track sparkle in the light.

Next, it was time to cut out the sliding part. I didn't have a die for this so I just used the hill die again as my ruler to mark the perimeter and then carefully cut it out. Now it was time for the scary part because I only had one shot at it or else I had to start all over. I used the largest double stitched rectangle die to cut out another smaller panel from the original. 
I attached the car to the smaller panel making sure that the car back and front doesn't pass over the sides of the card and added double sided foam tape on the back. Then, I stamped, coloured and cut out the poles and triangle banner for the background. I adhered it to the panel with glue and trimmed the poles to the same height of the card. Lastly, glossy accents was added to the triangle banners.

For the sentiment, I used the HoneyBee sentiment alpha stamp to spell it out the words. I love how this set gives so many multiple letters. It makes creating words so easily and all at once. I used versamark ink to stamp it on black cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Final touch is adhering it to the card with foam tape. 

That completes the card. It was so much fun to move the racing car back and forth. 
This card is being entered in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Transport It. You can click on the badge to learn more about it. 
Materials used:
- HoneyBee Stamps - Sentiment Alpha to make the sentiment
- Mama Elephant - Up and Away for the fox
- SimonSaysStamp - Baby Party Animals for the flag and banner
- SimonSaysStamp - Stitched Slopes and Hills for the road
- SimonSaysStamp - Circle Sayings for the "Love You"
- Lawn Fawn - Little Bundle for the poles
- Double Stitched Rectangle Die from Aliexpress
- Distress Inks in Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
- Memento Inks in Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Copic Markers
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- Recollections embossing powder in White
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Wink of Stella in Clear
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in White
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape
- Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue


Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card and so beautifully coloured...it's just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete