Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Easter! Let's Paint...

Today, I like to share with you an Easter card inspired by the Muse challenge 207 that I will be participating in. The layout of the card is by a sketch from Rita for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge 279. I thought it would be a really cute card if the chick was painting a bunny on the egg and the bunnies are watching it from a distance. 
To create this card, I first started off using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi to watercolor the center panel in a rainbow pattern. After it dried, I used Lawn Fawn's stitched border on the sides. Then, on lime green cardstock, I stamped happy easter using Lawn Fawn's Owen's ABCs stamp set with VersaMagic ink in Spring Pansy and then with my scissors I rounded the corners of each panel. 
For the back panel, I stamped the grass from Lawn Fawn's Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set with different green colours of Memento inks. With the colour New Sprout I ink blended the bottom portion of the panel. I did the same for the sky using My Favorite Things Blue Breeze and Pink Lemonade. I also used the stitched border on the sides of the panel as well to match the centered watercolor panel. 
Lastly, I stamped out the images from the Lawn Fawn Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set and the mini bunnies from the Simon Says Stamp My Kind of Peep stamp set. I used the double stamping method, first with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then with Versamark ink so that I can heat emboss it. I coloured the images with Copic markers and adhered it to the card with Tombow glue. Next, I attached the sentiment to the center watercoloured panel and used double sided foam tape to adhere it to card.  That completes the card. 

Materials used on this card:
- Lawn Fawn - Owen's ABCs
- Lawn Fawn - Chirpy Chirp Chirp
- Lawn Fawn - Stitched Borders
- Simon Says Stamp - My Kind of Peep
My Favorite Things Inks in Blue Breeze, Pink Lemonade
- Memento Inks in Tuxedo Black, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart
- VersaMargic Chalk Ink in Spring Pansy
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
- Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi
- EK Success Powder Tool
- Recollections embossing powder in Clear
- Recollections Cardstock Paper
- Staples White 110lbs Cardstock Paper
- Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper 90lbs
- Copic Markers
- Hampton Art Stamp Perfect
- Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
- 3M Scotch 1/2" by 36 yard Double Sided Foam Tape
- Wink of Stella

This card will be entered in the following challenges. You can click on their badge to learn more about it. 

Freshly Made Sketches #279
Muse Challenge #207
Addicted to Stamps and More # 233 - Holiday
Thanks for dropping by!

*Hugs*

Nathalie @ natnatbot

7 comments:

  1. This makes me happy! Love the bright rainbow and the tiny peeps peeking around the edges! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderfully bright card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What a fabulously detailed and totally sweet Easter card! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and I love the little bunnies peeping our in the background. Such a clever idea!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Just love the splash of colour and those cute bunnies.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stunning card! Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at the ATSM challenges. All the best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete